Wealth Management Advisor
|November 30, 2013 - May 15, 2014|
|Benefits:||Health, Life, Disability, AD & D, 401(k) / Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, Holiday|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Position Summary: This position is responsible for developing new business and promoting Minster Bank Private Wealth Management services. This position plays an integral role in identifying growth opportunities, referrals, service opportunities, and initiates contacts for developing and closing new investment advisory and trust business.|
The position is responsible for maintaining and developing an ongoing relationship with existing clients and manages the ongoing operational experience for the client.
Additionally, this position works closely with the Private Wealth Management division to keep the team informed concerning the status of new business accounts in process and other relevant information relating to customer’s accounts.
Participates in community activities to enhance the position of Minster Bank.
|Duties:||Responsible for helping the Wealth Management department grow, by developing new business and promoting Minster Bank Private Wealth Management services to prospective clients.|
Responsible for maintaining and developing an ongoing relationship with existing clients through communication and managing the operational experience for the client.
- Helps clients devise fiduciary and asset management programs that are appropriate. Financial planning will be one of the primary means of gathering relevant information and developing plans and determining what is appropriate for the client.
- Meets with prospects to explain the private wealth management services, discusses advantages of proper planning, and obtains background data on corporate or personal finances, family relationships, and employment status.
- Plans and manages the new account on boarding process, including documentation and funding supported by account opening.
- Provides an overview of client reporting and web capabilities to potential new clients.
- Prepares reports on calls, keeping PWMG department informed on the status of new business accounts in process.
- Develops relationships with centers of influence such as attorneys, accountants or others that can introduce him/her to high net worth individuals who have the potential to become clients.
- Interacts effectively with the Bank executives, managers, and relationship managers which will allow for opportunities to acquire new clients and further develop business with existing customers.
- Responsible to be an aggressive business builder with contacts and relationships in the community. He/she must have the intellect to gain an excellent understanding of the full range of wealth management services including: personal trust, estate planning/financial planning and the investment management process.
- Serves as a primary relationship manager to clients and clients’ advisors.
- Makes appropriate investment recommendations to clients based on goals and objectives.
- Continuously looks for ways to enhance the bank’s relationship with our existing customers.
- Communicates regularly with customers.
- Works closely with private wealth management team to ensure high customer service, accuracy, and problem resolution.
|Qualifications:||Education - A bachelor's degree in a business related discipline is strongly preferred; an MBA, JD, CPA, CFP, or other related professional certification is a plus. Three or more years of stable and progressively more responsible experience in Trust, as an attorney, financial planner, investment manager, or other financial professional involved in developing business and establishing long-term relationships with clients.|
Designations - Series 6 & 63 or equivalent licenses held for at least 2 years, preferred Life and Health license , A CFP designation is not a prerequisite, but willingness and a desire to learn the essentials of financial planning are required.
Language Skills -Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management and/or boards of directors.
Mathematical Skills - Ability to work with mathematical concepts and to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.